The rejection of the Croke Park II LRC Proposals has in many ways vindicated the move by AGSI on 25th January 2013. Our withdrawal from the talks that day showed our determination to protect the pay and conditions of our members.
The AGSI strategy is to use this window of opportunity to get Government to hear our voice.
Our campaign involves:
- Lobbying Government TDs
- Requesting a Meeting with Taoiseach Enda Kenny and Minster for Public Finances Brendan Howlin
- Continuing our involvement in the 24/7 Frontline Alliance
- Working with our colleagues in the GRA
It is imperative that we highlight the following which must be taken on board by Government:
- AGSI should be able to negotiate our own pay and conditions;
- AGSI are unique as Public Servants;
- Further cuts will significantly impact us given the harshness of working on a 24/7/365 basis.